Just a few easy steps and you'll have a new account in no time. For assistance, please contact a customer service representative at any one of our nine convenient locations.
Open your Solvay Bank checking account or you may use an existing Solvay Bank checking account:
- Make note of your account number.
- Make note of Solvay Bank's routing number, 021309735.
To close an account and transfer any remaining funds:
- Stop using your old account and let all your outstanding checks clear (this could take up to 10 days or more).
- Destroy any unused checks, deposit slips, ATM and debit cards.
- Download our Account Closing Notification Form. Print out, complete and send it to your old financial institution.
To change direct deposit:
- Have your old account number available;
- Download our Direct Deposit Request Form. Print out and complete.
- Call 1-800-772-1213 for social security direct deposit or visit the Social Security Administration website.
To change any automatic payments or withdrawals:
- Refer to recent statement from vendor.
- Download our Automatic Payment Request Form. Print out and complete. (You should complete one for every payment automatically deducted from your account.)