Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a veteran house hunter, our local mortgage lenders will help you find your way home.
- Competitive Rates
- Quick Decisions
- Local Processing
- Competitive rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes, or investment properties
- A variety of financing programs available:
- First-time homebuyer specials
- Fixed-rate mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- FHA Loans
- Construction Loans
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the Greater Syracuse real estate market
- Free pre-qualification for extra confidence when buying your home
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Accommodating repayment terms that fit your budget
- Quick, local decision-making and processing right here in Central New York
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
Solvay Bank Mortgage Center
There’s a lot involved with buying a home. We’ll help you make sense of it all. Visit our mortgage center to locate a loan officer, review unfamiliar terms, and access additional mortgage resources.
A mortgage pre-qualification is the first step in the homebuying process. Use a mortgage pre-qualification to understand exactly what kind mortgage you’ll be able to afford — before you begin your house hunt.
Solvay Bank offers online mortgage pre-qualification that takes minutes to complete. Click the “Apply Now” button to get started.
Homebuyer Dream Program
Earn a Grant to help with the purchase of your home
At Solvay Bank, we want to help make buying a home an attainable goal for everyone. For many, saving for a down payment and closing costs is the main challenge. With the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program, you can receive a grant up to $10,000 for your home’s down payment, closing costs, and homeownership counseling costs! Funds are available on a first come, first served basis.
Requirements for the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program
- The Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program is available if you:
- Are a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the last three years (single parents and displaced homemakers are eligible to apply at any time)
- Reside and purchase a home in FHLBNY’s district which includes New York State
- Meet income eligibility requirements, including a household income at or below 80% of the median income in the county you currently reside
- Provide at least $1,000 down payment towards the purchase of the home
- Complete a homeownership counseling program
- Qualify for and obtain a mortgage at Solvay bank
Get Started Today
- Make an appointment with a Mortgage Loan Officer. At your appointment, if qualified, you’ll sign the Enrollment Terms & Conditions which outlines the program requirements. You will also need to bring:
• 30 days of pay verification (paystubs, Sch. C, SSI, etc.)
• Last 2 years’ FEDERAL tax returns
• Last 2 years’ W-2s for all employment
• Alimony and child support information (if applicable)
- Complete an approved Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program homebuyer counseling course. The course can answer questions about the home buying process and prepare you for purchasing a home.
- Qualify for a Solvay Bank mortgage. Your Mortgage Loan Officer will guide you through this process. At closing, you will also sign a subordinate mortgage for the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program grant. Your grant term is forgiven after five years; however, if your home is sold prior to five years, you will have to repay a portion of the grant.
Easy: We provide assistance to help you obtain a generous grant from the Federal Home Loan Bank of NY (FHLBNY) to use toward your home’s down payment and closing costs.
Smart: A great way for qualifying first-time homebuyers to realize their homeownership dream.
To learn more about the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program contact a Solvay Bank Mortgage Loan Officer today at 315-484-2205 or [email protected]
Homebuyer’s Assistance Program
Eligible individuals can receive a Buyer’s Credit of up to $1,250 toward closing costs when purchasing a home in Onondaga County and receiving mortgage financing at Solvay Bank.
In order to qualify for the Solvay Bank Homebuyer’s Assistance Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a total household income of 80% or less of median area income for Onondaga County
- Purchase and maintain a home as a primary residence in Onondaga County
- Qualify for and obtain mortgage financing through Solvay Bank
- Agree to sign a three-year Recapture Clause at the time of closing
There are a limited number of Buyer’s Credits available.
HomeReady™ Mortgage Program
This borrowing program works with creditworthy, low-to-moderate income homebuyers to provide financing for homes in certain communities.
To find out if you qualify, please contact one of our Mortgage Loan Officers at 315-484-2205!
Onondaga County Homeownership Program
The Onondaga County Homeownership Program purchases, rehabilitates, and sells single-family homes at a subsidized price to qualifying homebuyers. As a partner lender in in this Program, we offer mortgage financing options to qualified applicants. Onondaga County determines the eligibility for the grant.