Whether you’re a first-time homebuyer or a veteran house hunter, our local mortgage lenders will help you find your way home.
- Competitive Rates
- Quick Decisions
- Local Processing
- Competitive rates for home purchase, refinance, or construction
- Available for primary residence, second homes, vacation homes, or investment properties
- A variety of financing programs available:
- First-time homebuyer specials
- Fixed-rate mortgages
- Adjustable rate mortgages (ARMs)
- FHA Loans
- Construction Loans
- Helpful loan advisors with working knowledge of the Greater Syracuse real estate market
- Free pre-qualification for extra confidence when buying your home
- Refinance your current home to potentially lower your rate
- Accommodating repayment terms that fit your budget
- Quick, local decision-making and processing right here in Central New York
- Attentive, friendly service from start to finish
Solvay Bank Mortgage Center
There’s a lot involved with buying a home. We’ll help you make sense of it all. Visit our mortgage center to locate a loan officer, review unfamiliar terms, and access additional mortgage resources.
A mortgage pre-qualification is the first step in the homebuying process. Use a mortgage pre-qualification to understand exactly what kind mortgage you’ll be able to afford — before you begin your house hunt.
Solvay Bank offers online mortgage pre-qualification that takes minutes to complete. Click the “Apply Now” button to get started.
Earn $250* When you Prequalify & Buy with Solvay Bank!
*$250 Visa® Gift Card offer applies to Solvay Bank residential mortgage pre-qualifications that result in an approved first lien residential mortgage that closes and is originated by Solvay Bank on or before November 30, 2020. Applicants must use code HOME2020 and complete the Mortgage Pre-qualification by June 30, 2020 to participate in this promotion. Offer is not valid on Home Equity Loans or Home Equity Lines of Credit, commercial loans, mortgage refinances, or non-owner occupied loans. Pre-qualification is not a request for pre-approval. If you pre-qualify, that does not guarantee that Solvay Bank will give you credit or agree to make a loan to you. Residential mortgage financing is subject to a separate application and approval process. Gift card will be provided at time of mortgage closing. Promotion may end without notice. Member FDIC. Equal Housing Lender. NMLS #463170.
Homebuyer’s Assistance Program
Eligible individuals can receive a Buyer’s Credit of up to $1,250 toward closing costs when purchasing a home in Onondaga County and receiving mortgage financing at Solvay Bank.
In order to qualify for the Solvay Bank Homebuyer’s Assistance Program, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Have a total household income of 80% or less of median area income for Onondaga County
- Purchase and maintain a home as a primary residence in Onondaga County
- Qualify for and obtain mortgage financing through Solvay Bank
- Agree to sign a three-year Recapture Clause at the time of closing
There are a limited number of Buyer’s Credits available.
HomeReady™ Mortgage Program
This borrowing program works with creditworthy, low-to-moderate income homebuyers to provide financing for homes in certain communities.
To find out if you qualify, please contact one of our Mortgage Loan Officers at 315-484-2205!
Onondaga County Homeownership Program
The Onondaga County Homeownership Program purchases, rehabilitates, and sells single-family homes at a subsidized price to qualifying homebuyers. As a partner lender in Onondaga County, we provide mortgage financing options for participants in this county program.
Contact one of our experienced lenders today at 315-484-2205 to see if you qualify!
Homebuyer Dream Program
Earn a Grant to help with the purchase of your home
At Solvay Bank, we want to help make buying a home an attainable goal for everyone. For many, saving for a down payment and closing costs is the main challenge. With the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program, you can receive a grant up to $15,000 for your home’s down payment, closing costs, and homeownership counseling costs! Funds are available on a first come, first served basis through November 30. More information about program eligibility is available online at solvaybank.com/newhome.
Requirements for the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program
- The Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program is available if you:
- Are a first-time homebuyer or have not owned a home in the last three years (single parents and displaced homemakers are eligible to apply at any time)
- Reside and purchase a home in FHLBNY’s district which includes New York State
- Meet income eligibility requirements, including a household income at or below 80% of the median income in the county you currently reside
- Provide at least $1,000 towards the purchase of the home
- Complete a homeownership counseling program
- Qualify for and obtain a mortgage at Solvay bank
Get Started Today
- Make an appointment with a Mortgage Loan Officer. At your appointment, if qualified, you’ll sign the Enrollment Terms & Conditions which outlines the program requirements. You will also need to bring:
• 30 days of pay verification (paystubs, Sch. C, SSI, etc.)
• Last 2 years’ FEDERAL tax returns
• Last 2 years’ W-2s for all employment
• Alimony and child support information (if applicable)
- Complete an approved Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program homebuyer counseling course. The course can answer questions about the home buying process and prepare you for purchasing a home.
- Qualify for a Solvay Bank mortgage. Your Mortgage Loan Officer will guide you through this process. At closing, you will also sign a subordinate mortgage for the Solvay Bank Homebuyer Dream Program grant. Your grant term is forgiven after five years; however, if your home is sold prior to five years, you will have to repay a portion of the grant.
Easy: We provide assistance to help you obtain a generous grant from the Federal Home Loan Bank of NY (FHLBNY) to use toward your home’s down payment and closing costs.
Smart: A great way for qualifying first-time homebuyers to realize their homeownership dream.